Worship Pastor - Full-time
Church Family Expectations:
1. Live a life fully devoted to Jesus:
a. Consistently be in God's Word
b. Consistently set aside time of prayer
c. Commit your time, talent and treasures to God (Tithe, Take a day off, Serve your family and others)
2. Commit to be a part of a ministry team (family). Although you are responsible for your specific area of ministry, it is important to understand that it is just one piece in a bigger part. We are one church family, with one mission and one team. You are expected to work with other ministry team members to build a stronger, more Christ-like church, and fulfill the church mission.
3. Do things with excellence. The way we plan events, present material, organize, decorate our spaces, and take care of our things says something about us and Jesus.
4. Attend and participate in all team meetings and activities and be an active part of the church family. Be in a Missional Community Group.
Ministry Expectations and Responsibilities:
1. Work with the lead pastor to help plan a creative, engaging and Spirit-led service each week.
2. Recruit, train, equip and empower new and current worship team members. Help develop and grow the current team members, while also looking to expand the team.
3. Recruit, train, equip and empower interns and those with the potential to serve as worship leaders at Encounter or elsewhere. We want to be a church that is continually developing and raising up new leaders.
4. Create a family culture within the children's ministry. The team should encourage, disciple, and care for one another and reflect the values that make us Encounter.
5. Oversee the sound and technical aspects of ministry.
a. Identify, develop, and meet with the Sound Coordinator who will:
i. Maintain, operate, and upgrade equipment and any areas pertaining to or affected by the equipment.
ii. Build a team to run the sound equipment for the events it is needed for (morning worship, prayer services, funerals, weddings, special events, etc.).
b. Identify, develop, and meet with the Technical Coordinator who will:
i. Maintain, operate and upgrade equipment and any areas pertaining to or affected by the equipment.
ii. Build a team to run the technical equipment for every event it is needed for (morning worship, prayer services, funerals, weddings, special events, etc.)
6. Effectively, regularly, and clearly communicate with team members, church family, and the ministry leadership team the needed and appropriate ministry information: What? Why? When? How? Utilize the church website, Facebook, and other forms of communication and media.
7. Schedule worship team members for all Sunday morning services and other church activities that involve worship.
8. Develop, propose, and oversee the worship ministry annual budget.
9. Report to the Lead Pastor and fill out each trimester a MAP (Ministry Action Plan) and PDP (Personal Development Plan). .
This is not a term that we just throw out here, but it's a part of our DNA at Encounter.
1. We value leadership development at Encounter and encourage all of our staff to meet periodically with mentors in their field.
2. We strive to do ministries to the best of our ability and are continually learning new methods of doing ministry because we understand what is at stake (Kingdom Mindset).
3. The staff participates in leadership lessons, books studies, prayer, service projects and on a consistent basis shares a meal together during work hours.
4. While you are here at Encounter, we want to continue to help you be the person that God has destined you to be.
5. Listen we Dream Big and Go Big.
Feel free to stop by our social media platforms and check us out www.encounter620.com, Facebook or Instagram.
Individuals should submit their, cover letter, resume, and video of yourself leading worship with your application to